Brian Pasch estimates that 9 out of 10 auto dealers do not have Google Analytics properly configured to capture valuable online marketing data. As a result, dealers do not have access to metrics that would allow them to quickly inspect the quality of their marketing investments and vendor partners.
Progressive dealership managers who want to identify and eliminate marketing waste must have Google Analytics goals and events configured properly. Google Analytics does not allow dealers to go back in time to recapture lost data pertaining to consumer actions on websites. Therefore, the sooner Google Analytics is configured properly, the faster marketing investments can be inspected and optimized to increase conversions, engagement, and showroom traffic.
Brian Pasch has created a program to build the skills that dealership managers need to inspect their current Google Analytics configuration to know which areas of the software need to be fixed. If dealers do not have the resources to fix their own Google Analytics accounts, they can select the premium registration to have the work completed by PCG.
This special Google Analytics training and clean-up program will prepare dealers to fully engage at the Automotive Analytics & Attribution Summit which will be held in November 2017. Attendance at the Summit is not a required but dealers who want to engage and particpate in the development of better marketing metrics should attend.
Program Benefits – Starts July
Managers who participate in the program will have the skills and/or assistance to clean-up Google Analytics.
- Complete review of current Google Analytics configuration and errors.
- Data access and user privileges will be reviewed to align with current staff and vendor partners.
- Traffic from marketing vendors will be inspected for compliance with Google UTM tagging standards.
- CRM email templates will be inspected for compliance with Google UTM tagging standards to reduce unknown traffic sources.
- Goals will be created and tested for all four conversion paths: calls, lead forms, chat sessions, and SMS messages.
- PCG’s automotive industry multi-touch attribution scripts will be installed for more accurate Assisted Conversions and Last-Click conversion reports.
- Filters will be created to eliminate internal traffic and common source for bots.
- Segments will be created to allow dealers to quickly inspect SRP/VDP activity by marketing channel.
- Custom dashboard reports will simplify ongoing inspection of website data
- Managers will understand the role of Google Tag Manager (GTM) and how GTM containers allow their vendor partners to create events to track what consumers are doing on the dealer’s website.
- Google Analytics will be certified to be compliant and complete by the end of the program with the understanding that vendor partners are willing to support the dealer’s desire for data transparency and accountability.
Managers who want to participate in the program should have a desire to understand the basics of Google Analytics and how to inspect their marketing data on a regular basis. Managers in the program should be committed to capturing all their marketing data to make smarter marketing investments. In addition to these desires, managers must:
Have a working login to Google Analytics and proper permissions to create goals, segments, and filters.
Invest at least one hour a week in reviewing the weekly training video and completing their homework.
Participate in monthly webinars to allow for hands-on demonstrations and Q&A.